|Date of birth||April 25th, 1990|
|Place of birth||Warstein, Germany|
Jan-Lennard started playing tennis at the age of 6 with his parents, Dieter and Martina, who are both tennis coaches. Jan-Lennard’s favorite surface is clay and while he is an all-court player, his favorite shot is backhand. His coach is Carsten Arriens (former German Davis Cup captain), along with Uwe Liedtke who is in charge of Jan-Lennard’s strength and conditioning.
He is determined and ambitious to continue improving his game while continuing to be a gentleman on and off the court. In his spare time, Jan-Lennard loves watching soccer and enjoys reading books. Jan-Lennard’s childhood tennis idol was Pete Sampras and his favorite tournament is Roland Garros. Prior to turning professional, Jan-Lennard graduated from high school and is fluent in both German and English.
- A career high ranking of no. 44 on May 2017
- Reached 3rd round of Wimbledon and US Open in 2018
- Reached SF in St Petersburg and Winston Salem in 2017
- In 2017 qualified at ATP Masters 1000 events in Monte-Carlo and Rome
- In 2016 captured 5th Challenger singles title of career at Mons, BEL