|Date of birth||November 7th, 1988|
|Place of birth||Kiev, Ukraine|
Alex Dolgopolov is a player that is challenging the status quo in the men’s tennis with a “next generation” label stamped on his back. Quick, courageous and never intimidated, he plays unpredictable high risk game, turning each match into pure entertainment. Alex is an inspiration for young talents, with values such as hard work, ambition, motivation and creativity.
Upon the completion of a successful, three year coaching relationship with Australian coach Jack Reader, Alex started working with his father Oleksandr, longtime friend Stanislav Khmarsky and fitness trainer Alessio Ceccareli.
Alex speaks fluent English and Russian, enjoys chatting online, singing rap/hip-hop and if he wasn’t a tennis player, he would have been be a race car driver due to his passion for fast cars and rally driving.
- Reached a career high ATP ranking no.13
- Winner at the ATP Buenos Aires 2017.
- Finalist at Bastad and Shenzhen ATP in 2017.
- Finalist at the 2014 Copa Claro in Rio de Janeiro ATP 500
- Also in 2014, reached semifinals of Masters 1000 Indian Wells, beating Nadal, Fognini and Raonic. Reached QF at Masters 1000 Miami, defeating Wawrinka
- Winner of the 2012 City Open in Washington ATP 500
- Winner of the 2011 Vegeta Open in Umag ATP 250